” Day 8 – Five things that are most important to you in a future mate”
Let me begin with saying that this list has been edited many times over the last 15 years. You would find some of my original “requirements” humorous (another post…maybe). At this point in my life, well into my 3rd decade on this earth, here are the five most important things I’m looking for in a future mate.
1. Grounded visionary – I’m a dreamer so I need someone who will dream with me but is more of a strategic planner.
2. Worshiper – For the non-religious readers, this may seem weird. However, for me, being a worship leader for years, this is important. I absolutely love to see a masculine man participate in the worship experience. When I see a man raise his hands and sing, I view it as an acknowledgement that he is just a man who submits to someone greater than himself.
3. Life long learner – No, I’m not looking for a career student but the man needs to have a thirst for knowledge in or outside of the classroom. I have always been the type to research. I need someone who will indulge me. Lol
4. Sense of self and purpose – I love it when a man is confident in who he is and his place in the world. He knows what he can offer the world and vice versa. As a result he also knows that it is not all about him.
5. Wit – I thoroughly enjoy verbal sparring and find it very disappointing when I meet a man who is gorgeous but can’t keep up or is intimidated by my quips. We don’t have to be a modern Beatrice & Benedick but I love it when a man can keep me on my toes.
What about you? What are some of your “must haves” or valued qualities you look for in a potential mate?