In a post I wrote a few months back I took an assessment of the goals I had set out to accomplish in 2011 and set some mid-year goals to accomplish during the remaining time.
Let’s take a look at them below:
1. Finish two personal writing assignments – I need to stick to my writing schedule and resist the call of Angry Birds! Just kidding…kind of….;)
2. Spend more time connecting with people (old and new acquaintances) – I am introverted by nature. However, I chose a field that requires me to push past that in order to be successful. In addition to that I am living in a new city and need to connect with some fresh faces.
3. Be more active – Sitting in a room answering telephones along with sitting in a car for two hours during my commute combined with the hours of reading and writing I do on a consistent basis does not a BRICK HOUSE make. After purchasing a digital camera a few years back I was motivated to get out of the house and be active. I need to reconnect with that motivation and renovate the brick house.
Let’s see how I fared:
1. Finish two personal writing assignments. – Done….but they were small ones. I do have some larger ones to attend to but completion is completion. It feels wonderful to say they are finished.
2. Spend more time connecting with people (old and new acquaintances). – I am still an introvert and most likely will be for life. Over the last few months I have come out of my shell a bit and connected with folks at work, church, school and online. Let’s see if I can keep it up in 2012.
3. Be more active. – Now this is the one I still need to get a handle on. I no longer work in a windowless room nor do I spend a good portion of my day stuck in traffic anymore after I made that executive decision regarding employment. Unfortunately I still get paid to sit at a desk for 8 hours. However, I do make a point of getting out and going for a walk for at least 15-20 minutes during the work day. Now if I can just get it in AFTER I leave work.
But progress is progress. Here’s to more progress in 2012.
Happy New Year. 🙂